Vacancy – Office & Finance Manager
Part-time Interim Office & Finance Manager (20 hours per week; Maternity Cover)
Place of Work
Duke Street Church, Richmond
Head of Ministry Support
Salary & Benefits
Application Close by
17:00 27-March 2015
Expected Start of Role
The overall objective of the Office & Finance Manager (OFM) role is to manage the day-to-day office and financial management of Duke Street Church.
The OFM reports to the Head of Ministry Support (HOMS), who has overall responsibility for the administrative and operational aspects of Duke Street Church. The HOMS delegates the day-to-day financial administration of the Church to the OFM, together with ongoing office administration tasks. The OFM is a key role in the efficient operation of Duke Street Church.
The OFM also has a ‘dotted line’ reporting line to the Duke Street Church Treasurer, who will set policy and standards, and financial management direction as and when required.
The role is an interim role, providing maternity cover for a period estimated from 1-May 2015 to 1-June 2016.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Office Management
- To provide day-to-day management of the Duke Street office, answering inbound requests for information (whether by email, phone or walk-in), resolving queries, escalating issues, etc.
- To maintain Church calendars and diaries, coordinating resources and assets, identifying conflicts, and contributing to the smooth operation of different Church ministries
- To produce newssheets, Order of Services, correspondence, etc.
- To attend regular team meetings – format and frequency to be defined – that enable the day-to-day coordination of programmes, resources, meetings/events and assets
- To promote, assist and nurture good team-working between other members of staff and volunteers
- Contact Management
- To liaise with the Head of Ministry Support regarding the operation any prospective contact management system – to include the day-to-day creation, revision and deletion of contacts
- Wherever possible, to harvest contact profile data and to ensure that systems and records are up-to-date
- Financial Administration
- To operate the Duke Street Church accounting system (currently Sage), ensuring that all income and expenditure is posted to a nominal ledger code, and also to a Department Code
- To maintain all financial records in an orderly fashion
- To ensure that all accounting and financial policies are adhered to in full, such policies to include controls regarding payment management
- To liaise with the Duke Street Church retained accountancy practice (currently JC&S) to ensure that accounts are prepared ready for a monthly visit
- To liaise with JC&S for the preparation of the monthly payroll
- To answer any financial related queries as an when required
- To manage all cash takings, including the Leaf & Bean Café, Sunday offerings, and other miscellaneous takings
- To manage the Counting team
- To raise invoices, manage accounts payable, and escalate overdue payments from external room hirers
- To liaise with the Church Treasurer, the HOMS, and the wider Church Council, to assist in the development of a budget
- To track all expenditure against its relevant department budget
- Gift Aid Management
- To manage all aspects of the Gift Aid management process, to include maintaining accurate records of giving, declarations, and claims
- To administer the preparation of all donors’ annual statement of gift aid
- The candidate must possess relevant accountancy experience, probably in a financial management role, or to be able to demonstrate 2-3 years relevant office experience
- Methodical and efficient administration skills
- Supportive to the Senior Minister
- Experience in dealing with church matters, and relational skills are essential
- A strong consensual style: listening, encouraging and facilitating
- It is desirable, but not mandatory, that the candidate would join the church as a member and be fully involved in the life of the church, regularly attending Sunday meetings, morning and evening, and the fortnightly Prayer Gathering
- There is an Occupational Requirement in line with Equality Act 2010 for the person appointed to be a mature committed Christian and in agreement with the Statement of Faith contained within the Charity’s Memorandum and Articles of Association
- There is a requirement for the candidate to be DBS-checked
How to apply
Please contact Jonathon Adams on 020 8973 2250 or email@example.com . Applicants will be required to submit an application form by 5pm on 27-March. Applicants will be screened, and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed between 30-March and 2-April.